JOIN OUR TEAM
The Steamie Coffee Roasters are always on the lookout for exceptional staff to join our team as we expand our business.
We are the Steamie Coffee Roasters from Glasgow. Located in the heart of the West End we remain Finniestons busiest coffee shop hang out. Like Glasgow’s original Steamies we are at the heart of the community offering a cosy hub to natter or sit and ponder. Along with our espresso which we pull through our La Marzocco Linea Classic, we offer an extensive selection of brewing methods. Our clean eating menu offers Vegan and GF choices beside delicious soups and home made bakes. At our dedicated Roastery we explore each coffees unique heritage and taste to ensure we showcase the intrinsic quality of the bean. We are driven to ensure the personalities of our spectaculare Single Origin coffees shine through.
The Steamie’s team is a small and tight knit community. We are looking to recruit a communications officer to join this team.
COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER [P/T]
We are looking for a communications officer to grow The Steamie brand through digital and offline marketing efforts and keep it at the forefront of coffee in Glasgow, Scotland and throughout the UK
You will report directly to the founder.
The position is extremely flexible and would suit a current student or recent graduate looking to add to their CV or freelance workload.
What The Role Entails
- Develop a strategy and content plan for The Steamie’s digital channels including social media, website and email marketing.
- Develop an understanding of our consumer base’s needs and behaviours and communicate the Steamie’s proposition effectively to multiple audience segments.
- Manage the Steamie’s digital marketing channels including social media, website and email marketing including creation of content and optimising reach.
- Reporting back on effectiveness of marketing activities and devising key ROI metrics with line manager.
What We Require
- Excellent photography/videography skills with an understanding of how to create compelling and effective content for social media.
- A keen Instagram user with an ability to demonstrate an understanding of how to utilise the platform effectively in the context of a food/retail business.
- While coffee knowledge is not essential, a clear passion for food and drink is.
- Excellent copywriting skills across a range of digital channels.
- Solid experience of managing and maintaining WordPress websites and email marketing lists – using systems such as Squarespace and Mailchimp and defining/using customer journeys to maximise impact.
- Fully competent in Google Analytics and competency across a range of analytical tools for social/email/CRM platforms.
- Experience of managing conversations and engaging with audiences on multiple social media platforms simultaneously to seek and retain loyalty.
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to manage paid media campaigns to audience segments including PPC, social and digital advertising.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com Due to the large number of applications, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.